Monday, 10 March 2008

Healing Story

When new students approach me to ask about Reiki training it often involves several phone calls to discuss things before they decide to go ahead and this was the case with a student I will call P, although each time we spoke I wanted to call her R. On her third call we made plans for her Level 2 she told me she knew the road I lived on as her parents lived on it. It was at this point I asked if she was R's daughter to which she said yes. It turned out that we kind of knew each other as I have known her parents since I was 17. I had to smile to myself as I thought "Well maybe I am psychic? "
I bumped into P today in Asda and we stopped for a quick chat and I asked after her parents. She told me about her dad and how seriously ill he had been. He was rushed into hospital in January and they had told the family to stay, as it appeared there was no hope for him. In the ambulance his blood pressure was 200 and something over 100 and something (Apologies for the lack of precision here but anyone who knows me knows I have this inability to retain numbers ) .
Throughout the journey to hospital and in there, P continued to give him Reiki healing and he survived 5 critical points and recovered sufficiently for them to operate on his heart and he is now home recovering slowly. His consultant claimed his survival was a miracle.
Driving home I was smiling to myself and so happy for P, for what greater confirmation can a Reiki student have than witnessing results like this? But I also realised how opportune the meeting was too, because I am planning a class for Thursday evening on Like Mindz, where we will be focusing on 2 key questions the students have raised , which are:
  1. What can happen through healing?
  2. Can anyone become a healer?
I had thought of using examples from the work of Harry Edwards and some from my own work. Harry Edwards is my hero - he is a pioneer in Spiritual Healing and set up a Healing Sanctuary which continues to thrive long after his passing.

Harry Edwards
However, this example given to me today can go some way to answering both of the questions I need to address and just makes me marvel at how the universe does provide for us. And talking of the universe leads me nicely to a quote of another of my heroes, Albert Einstein
A human being is a part of a whole, called by us
'universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his
thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical
delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us,
restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons
nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening
our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature
in its beauty.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying reading your blog, Chris and the quotes are thought provoking and inspirational. Many thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley I'm pleased you are enjoying it so far - your comments urge me on to continue
    x Chris

    ReplyDelete