Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Introductions

Hi and welcome to my Blogg.
It is fair to say I have 2 key strings to my bow. First and foremost I am a Usui Reiki Master Teacher and practice in Barnsley South Yorkshire. Reiki is a form of healing based on the ancient Japanese form of healing called Teate. Literally, Reiki means Universal Life Force and its foundation is accredited to Mikao Usui (1865-1926), a Tendai Buddhist. It is a way of working with and channelling universal energy in order to bring about increased energy levels and healing. In other systems, this energy is also referred to as Chi or prana.
From an Eastern viewpoint energy does not just flow through us but is also all around us and is generated from all living forms. Interestingly traditional science is also arriving at this view through string theory which proposes that all matter is comprised of energy which vibrates at different frequencies.
A Reiki practitioner connects with and channels this universal energy and transfers it through their hands to the person, animal or object which they are working on. And the beauty of it all is that anyone can learn how to tap into this wonderful,loving and healing energy.

The picture is of my Healing Room which is always tidy (more on this later)Further details of Reiki can be found here on my website dedicated to Reiki.

Secondly I design and hand craft jewellery using natural gemstones, crystals and vintage beads. I got into the jewellery quite by accident and I am now hooked. It took me ages to think of a name for my designs, but with the help of some online friends I arrived at the name of Kiamyka. Kia is an ancient African word which means spirit within and myka is a play on the word mica which is stone. So there we have it, stones for your inner spirit.
My workspace for my jewellery is chaos! I have always been a messy worker and it appears I can't work unless I have a mess around me. I remember years ago I tidied my desk at work before I went on holiday and someone came into my office and asked if I were leaving. So if you are of a nervous disposition close your eyes now!








Well I did warn you !

3 comments:

  1. Great blog Chris - and your jewellery making workspace doesn't look that bad lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your workspace looks very like mine, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I feel much better now I know I am not the only messy beader. I have added both your blog links to mine :-)

    ReplyDelete