Sunday, 29 June 2008

Another New Look and a New Website

I decided it was time to get a new look for the blog and managed to find this beautiful free template - hope you like it . It was a bit of problem as I lost all my links and other add ons so had to redo them. Hopefully I have all of you back on my Beady Links but if I have missed you off I apologise and let me know and I will re-add you. I used a new widget so that rather than appearing in alphabetical order it now lists in order of recency - easier to keep track of ones that have new content on them don't you think?
I've also added a Daily Quote which appears in the footer and an Affirmation for Now which changes each time you visit.
I was at BrevonArt in Doncaster on Friday. It's a relatively new Gallery, the dream and inspiration of Andrea Bretherton and one of the Galleries which stock my jewellery. The current exhibition is

Landscape Of The Heart’

10th June – 26th July 2008

An exhibition of work by artists and partners Dave Watson and Morag Eaton (of Foldyard Arts), The exhibition is in celebration of Dave surviving a major heart attack and Morag finally picking up a paintbrush to accompany and support her partner with his art work after his illness. Dave was previously a professional photographer, after a dream whilst recovering from his heart attack he discovered his talent for painting.

They both paint the same subject matter concentrating on the woodlands and landscape of South Yorkshire but bring their own unique individual style to their paintings. A worthy and interesting exhibition.

(Andrea I lifted that bit direct from the site hope you don't mind lol)

I know Morag and David from my activities at Swinton Lock and it was wonderful to see their work on display. It was quite something to see their work up there in its glory, especially after seeing some of it actually being created. Also on display is the Ceramic work of Sharon Cooke, another lovely member of the Swinton Gang. If you live in the area you really ought to go along and see the exhibition - the Gallery has a wonderful relaxed atmosphere and the current exhibition is breathtaking. If it's too far then go and look at the brand new site for BrevonArt. It is still having the final touches added to it so maybe bookmark it and pop back in a week or so.

PS Kerrie and Alison, watch this space for my seed bead project. I should warn you though this will be my one and only, at least at this size of bead. I bought a pack off Ebay with about 12 different colours but although no expert with seed beads I reckon they must be about size 15!!!

PPS I also made a tree to hang earrings on and a copper and turquoise crocheted bracelet and necklace- they are undergoing Quality Control right now as I need to check they retain their form and don't send you green - so far so good - I have worn them non stop for 3 days and they have withstood the shower and sleeping in them.

PPS Now added the picture


3 comments:

  1. Oooh thought I'd come to the wrong blog Chris - love the new light and bright look :)

    Can't wait to see your seedy beady project too! One and only ... I don't think so - you can fight it, but you won't win :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerrie. I have now added a picture of it - thought I better do so before it all falls to pieces lol
    xx Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new blog looks great, Chris, as do your bracelets. I love the copper one. As Kerrie said though, those little seedies will get you in the end lol

    ReplyDelete