Sunday, 9 May 2010

Nesting time !

I am soooo excited - after 21 years in this house I have Blackbirds nesting in my garden. To some that may not sound too amazing but I live in an old Edwardian semi on a busy main road with very little natural habitation close by. My back garden is my little oasis for wildlife and plants and shrubs are planted specifically with birds,insects, bees and butterflies in mind. Three years ago I was lucky to have Blue Tits in a nest box but this nest is in an Orange Pompom Buddleia  which I grew many years ago from a cutting.
I have been keeping an eye on the Buddleia as it looks like this year it  is going to be amazing with flowers as it has hundreds of buds - bees love it and I was getting excited about seeing it in all its glory.  I will keep you posted on the nest and the flowers but for now enjoy
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment