Saturday, 14 January 2012

Finding a Voice Part 2

January 13 2012
Throughout my life for as far as I remember
A wee small voice has accompanied me
At times it would rise to the surface
For the sake of the protection of others
often it was hushed and spoke to me of its great wisdom
Many times it came out squeaky, as if afraid to give voice to the thoughts it was pursuing
It would burst out in song, never quite hitting the right notes
But eventually it soared with my spirit and lifted me
Finally, at last I have given it wings so that my voice may be heard
No more will it be silenced
Because once set free it is limitless, insatiable and unstoppable
Let my voice now pour and gush like a stream gathering momentum as it flows to the river and on to the sea.
© Christine  Rose Linacre





No comments:

Post a Comment