Tuesday, 3 January 2012

New Beginnings 2012


Well to say last year was a challenge would be an understatement. Career wise, the highlight of the year was being invited to be Artist in Residence at Burton Agnes Hall and also being invited to the preview of the launch of the Hepworth Gallery in Wakefield .
On a personal level the year started with a diagnosis of Diabetes which I felt was such an insult to add to my existing mobility issues and the year progressed with an operation in August, a house fire in December and concluded with something way too personal to discuss here. The consequences of all of this leads me to focus very much on myself and where my career and personal life go from now on. I have never been one to allow life to get me down for too long and I am looking forward to an eventful year.
Out of all the tribulations I know I have a bright future with some exciting new things ahead of me.
Work wise I plan to focus on reaching more Galleries and I have a very big one in mind. I am also going to work on more designs  and one is about to be released via Jencel .
I have also been working in collaboration with the Garden Room Restaurant in Braithwell and I will be doing an Art Bites session there on January 17th. Follow the link for more details of that it is going to be a lovely day - I am really looking forward to it.
In February I am offering classes at The Occasional Bead Shop in conjunction with Celia of Jencel .
April 16th to 30th I am back at Burton Agnes Hall as Artist in Residence returning to be part of Sheffield Open Up with my friend Beth Eastwood for the first 2 weekends in May. Phew busy times ahead ! I have more plans for the rest of the year but will tell you about those closer to the time

Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. And you can see forever - Nancy Kerrigan

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with 2012 Chris - 2011 really was a rough one for you wasn't it!

    I believe in looking forward not backwards and even the darkest cloud has a silver lining if you look for it hard enough (and allow yourself the freedom to see it!)

    Have a wonderful year.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris

    Gosh, 2011 certainly sounded challenging for you. I admire your approach to life and your career opportunities for 2012 look exciting!
    Wishing you all the very best for 2012 on every level.
    Love and Blessings xxx

    ReplyDelete