Friday, 7 September 2012

Beautiful Preciosa Beads

I often show off with my latest creations showing you them on here and on my Facebook profile and never tell you much about the stock which I use.
When I source my beads I have 2 main objectives - colour and quality and Preciosa Traditional Czech Beads offer me all of that and more! They manufacture an amazing range of beads in different shapes, sizes and finishes which offers me as an artist an amazing palette to work with.


This is one of my first designs which uses a medley of 12 different size 8 Rocaille (round) beads- most are translucent but some are opaque which adds to the sculptural look of this Garland necklace which is now in Jersey - another Garland necklace in a different colour scheme is in the USA . Beaders often ask me how I made this design and maybe one day I will write it up as a project and reveal my secrets :-)

Here is another of my early designs photographed to show you the textures- this one only uses around 8 different beads but I hope you can see how the mix of translucent and opaque beads adds to the overall look of this piece.

Recently I have been coming up with ideas which stitch up faster in order to keep the price more affordable and I came up with this design for my Slinky bracelets and earrings.


Although the same design has been used notice how much more textured the multi coloured ones are compared to the ruby red one which uses just one shade, which is why when I was asked by a customer on Holland to make her an orange one I knew I could rely on my Preciosa supplier to have a great range of oranges and I was not disappointed... here are the matching earrings I made her
What is even more exciting for me as a bead artist are the latest addition to the range -
PRECIOSA TWIN™ are 2 hole beads which open up amazing new design possibilities which I have been experimenting with but you will have to wait for another post to see those - aren't I a tease ?

14 comments:

  1. I love the vibrant colors of these Preciosa beads, can't wait to see more (and buy when I've stuffed the hole in my finances lol). Love your work Chris, am thrilled with the two necklaces I bought from you xx Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure things will improve for you Heather - and thanks for the compliment too :) That's a weird identity you have there lol

      Delete
  2. Love your designs Chris, I was so happy with the bracelets I bought, the colours are stunning! Thanks again, Abs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How embarasing ! I just realised that when I took the photo of the earrings I had only made one so cloned it to look like a pair - trust me i am not that good that i can make 2 which perfectly match haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes chris - you are a tease ,, but with the beautiful work you do - you're allowed . I have long been a fan of your wonderful creations and the blog goes a small way to explaining the way you work. These beads have a wonderful glow about them, some of which is imo, down to the love you instil in your work.It comes as no surprise that your work has spanned the globe - people know quality, these beads plus your craftswomanship equals beyond quality

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great the way you explain your beautiful work Chris and of course I love the outcome of said work. The colours that you use and the intricate beading are just gorgeous. Thankyou for sharing here :) Rach xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beads and designs that are shown are absolutely beautiful! :) You have a lot of skill, and its clearly put to good use! Great work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you might have won me over with this article, haven't tried Preciosa before, although obviously I've seen them often. I think it's about time I had a play:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely comments :) Awrylemming have a look at their website for the range of beads they make they have a fantastic selection of shapes and colours and - oh I could go on and on . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Chris. Especially love the second pic, blue with pink flowers - very Monet.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen - I actually called that one "Monet's Garden" and it was the first one I made in that design- that one was sold to an Italian man for his girlfriend

      Delete
  10. cris made me a beautiful lapis palm stone and matching earings, its beautiful, the work and care she puts into her beads is amazing, she has the patience of a saint to work like this i couldnt do it lol. i love all her different style, just beautiful xxxx

    ReplyDelete